Pinhole Surgical Technique PST
No Cutting. No Sutures. No Second Surgical Site. Pinhole Surgical Technique is the Minimally Invasive Gum Surgery Alternative!
Factors That Cause Gum Recession
There are many factors that can cause gum recession. Some of these factors include:
- Periodontal disease
- Genetic predisposition
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Inadequate or insufficient preventive care
- Hormonal fluctuations caused by puberty, pregnancy or menopause
- Teeth grinding or clenching
- Crooked teeth or a misaligned bite
- Body piercing in the lip or tongue
The Pinhole Procedure
Benefits of PST Procedure
Some of the key benefits of PST™ include:
- Minimally invasive alternative to gum surgery
- No bleeding, swelling, or pain that is associated with gum surgery
- Immediate cosmetic benefits
- Corrects gum recession without surgery
- No incisions or sutures involved
- Fast recovery and healing time
- Multiple teeth can be treated in a single visit
- Healthier and more attractive smile
The New Pinhole Surgical Technique™ in Loma Linda, CA
If gum surgery for receding gums is something you are thinking about, we invite you to consider The Surgical Pinhole Technique (PST) ™ in Loma Linda, CA with Dr. Roger Sohn. This minimally invasive gum surgery can repair gum recession caused by gum disease, bruxism, genetics, and other reasons faster than traditional treatments.
Modern Gum Surgery with PST™
- Minimally invasive, no incisions or sutures required
- More comfortable with less bleeding and inflammation
- Repair more than one area in a single office visit
- Immediate results
- Speedy recovery
PST™ is Today’s Alternative to Traditional Gum Surgery
Receding gums is often caused by periodontal disease but genetics, lifestyle habits such as smoking, changing hormones, oral piercings, orthodontic treatment, and other dental procedures including traditional gum disease surgery can also cause recession. Repairing gum recession is important to making the smile not only look better but to also restore protection to the teeth.
More patients are pleased to discover an alternative to traditional gum surgery, or tissue grafting, with Dr. Sohn called the Pinhole Surgical Technique™. This innovative procedure delivers results faster than grafting, with less bleeding and minimal discomfort.
PST™ was developed and patented by John Chao, D.D.S. and is designed to repair recessed gum tissue through a small entry point at the recession site. Via this small entry point, the gum tissue is loosened enough to be pulled over the exposed tooth roots to provide a more attractive appearance and a healthier, protective gum line. Collagen strips are then placed to hold the newly repositioned tissue in place during the healing phase.
Results are rendered much quicker than tissue grafting because there are no incisions or sutures needed, and Dr. Sohn can treat more than one area in a single office visit. Patients who have PST™ instead of regular gum surgery are always pleased with the immediate results and fast recovery.
The Pinhole Surgical Technique™ in Loma Linda, CA with Dr. Sohn makes gum surgery for recession easier, faster, and more comfortable. Call us today for your personalized consultation.
Dr. Sohn’s office is equipped with the latest in hi-tech dental equipment and our staff is trained to provide the best possible dental experience for you and your family. We take pride in the service we provide to our patients from Loma Linda. If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to schedule an appointment, please contact us today. We look forward to providing you with the personal oral care you deserve.