A cavity can affect your smile and how your teeth function, which can lead to painful symptoms.
Fortunately most dental filling can restore the integrity of an affected tooth and relieve discomfort in a single appointment.
Why you shouldn't wait to have a cavity filled...
Fillings Are a Quick, Easy Way TO PRESERVE YOUR NATURAL TOOTH
Treatment is virtually painless and immediately beneficial.
Fillings can be placed in a single appointment. In most cases, your tooth will be fully functional shortly following the procedure.
Fillings can protect your smile from more widespread damage.
Decay can spread from the outer portion of the tooth to the inner pulp if left untreated. Fillings can prevent the need for more extensive procedures such as root canal therapy.
Let us show you how simple fillings are...
Fillings Are Performed Every Day.
A tooth-colored filling provides long-lasting, natural-looking protection for your tooth after decay is removed.
Receiving a Filling Is Simple
- Dr Sohn will examine your cavity or cavities using high-quality images.
- He or she will determine whether root canal therapy is needed or if a filling alone can treat your affected tooth.
- Together with your dentist, you will choose between traditional amalgam, gold, silver, or tooth-colored composite resin for the material of your filling.
- After providing you with a local anesthetic, your dentist will remove decay and place the filling over the area of concern.
- To ensure a comfortable fit, your dentist will assess your bite before sending you home.
- Most patients are fully recovered within hours of their appointment.
Simple, Cost-Effective Protection
A filling is best for cases of mild to moderate decay. If you have decay that extends over one or more cusps (edges) of a tooth, an inlay or onlay may better fit your needs. Extensive damage may require a custom dental crown, which covers the entire visible portion of a tooth for lifelike results.
Filling cavities is common procedure, and cost-effective. Avoiding treatment can cause more widespread decay, infection, and possible tooth loss. Call Elegant Dental Care today to schedule an appointment to protect the health of your smile.