Laser Gum Surgery
LANAP is Minimally Invasive, With No Cutting or Sutures!
Gum Disease Impacts Your Heart Health
"We all think that cholesterol is important to heart disease. The health of your gums is a more important predictor of whether or not you will have a heart attack or not."
Mehmet C. Oz, M.D., FACS
Director, Cardiovascular Institute
Columbia Medical Center, NYC
ABC News, Good Morning America: December 15, 2008
Watch the LANAP Laser Procedure
The Stages of LANAP
LANAP® gives us the ability to possibly save loose teeth that would have needed to be removed otherwise. The steps of LANAP surgery include:
- Pockets Are Measured
- Laser Is Used to Remove Bacteria
- The Calculus Is Removed
- Laser Is Used to Create A Clot
- The Gum Tissue Is Compressed
- The Bite is Adjusted
Laser Periodontal Surgery in Loma Linda, CA
Patients with moderate to severe gum disease who choose laser periodontal surgery in Loma Linda, CA with Dr. Roger Sohn instead of conventional treatment are guaranteed a faster, minimally painful procedure and easier recovery.
Gum Disease Treatment is Minimally Painful and More Beneficial with Laser!• Minimally invasive, no cutting or suturing
- Less bleeding and swelling
- More efficient and accurate
- One day recovery
- High success rate (98 percent of patients do well after five years)
- More predictable results
- Low risk for infection
- No gum recession
The LANAP® Laser Treatment Experience Step-by-Step
- 1. Dr. Sohn will use a dental measuring tool to examine your periodontal pockets for depth and tissue damage.
- The PerioLase® MVP-7™ dental laser is used to target the bacteria and diseased tissue inside the pockets and destroy them fast. This unique, FDA cleared instrument only goes after diseased areas and disregards healthy tissue, drastically reducing pain and the incidence of gum recession.
- To get rid of the tartar, or calculus, on your teeth and under the gums, Dr. Sohn also uses tiny ultrasonic scalers in conjunction with the laser, which can be helpful for breaking the tartar into smaller particles for more efficient removal.
- The next step is to protect your teeth and gums from reinfection after gum disease surgery. The laser is used to stimulate a little bone and blood until small clots begin to form around the teeth. These natural barriers are important for keeping germs out while your gums heal.
- To facilitate the reattachment of your healthy gum tissue to the surface areas of your teeth, Dr. Sohn does a gentle compression technique – no stitches necessary – and your body will take care of the rest.
- The final step is to readjust the bite and ensure that teeth are stable and properly aligned. This is an especially important phase for patients with bone loss because certain areas may be more vulnerable to trauma.
If you have moderate to severe gum disease, think LANAP® laser treatment. For state of the art periodontal surgery in Loma Linda, CA, call Dr. Sohn for your personal consultation today.
Dr. Sohn’s office is equipped with the latest in hi-tech dental equipment and our staff is trained to provide the best possible dental experience for you and your family. We take pride in the service we provide to our patients from Loma Linda. If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to schedule an appointment, please send us a message via the Contact Us form today. We look forward to providing you with the personal oral care you deserve.